Yep – this is the kind of film in which 1) Norah Jones acts, 2) as a character called Willow. A mini-checklist of twee. It’s even being actively marketed as a sample of Mumblecore.
An acquired taste, maybe, but the Jamaican setting and soundtrack both appeal. Santigold, Yeasayer, MGMT, Suckers, The Congos, and Bones have all contributed music and members of Yeasayer and MGMT also appear in the film.
As the film gears up for a UK cinema release, Network have distributed the trailer. I’m intrigued.
Wah Do Dem, if you don’t understand Jamaican patois, would translate to What They Do.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014