The Eagle Awards used to call the London conventions home in theseventies, eighties and nineties (with brief dalliances in Birmingham), but since they came to and the home of the main British convention to Bristol, the Eagle Awards returned they left the capital. But now, it seems they are back.
The MCM Expos were originally treated by the comics industry with disdain. However in recent years, their rapid growth, the exponential increase in comics programming and content and, well, being set in London has seen a reversal of that, becoming by far the most popular comic convention in Britain. Seizing the Eagle Awards from the Bristol Comics Expo is further proof of that.
The first Eagle Awards at the MCM will be at the end of October this year
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018