The Eagle Awards used to call the London conventions home in theseventies, eighties and nineties (with brief dalliances in Birmingham), but since they came to and the home of the main British convention to Bristol, the Eagle Awards returned they left the capital. But now, it seems they are back.
The MCM Expos were originally treated by the comics industry with disdain. However in recent years, their rapid growth, the exponential increase in comics programming and content and, well, being set in London has seen a reversal of that, becoming by far the most popular comic convention in Britain. Seizing the Eagle Awards from the Bristol Comics Expo is further proof of that.
The first Eagle Awards at the MCM will be at the end of October this year
- Gerard Way Returns to Marvel Comics for Spider-Geddon - May 22, 2018
- Marvel to Let People Know What on Earth ‘X-Classified’ is… in June - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Launches Midnight Release Parties for Fantastic Four #1, for 57th Anniversary - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Publish Star Wars: Beckett in August - May 22, 2018
- Phil Noto is the New Artist on Daredevil in August - May 22, 2018