A while ago, Bleeding Cool noted a certain mismatch between the age rating on the DC Comics App, namely 12+, which allows;
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
and the work it was going to present using Vertigo titles. And demonstrated that with the following visual, nicely retweeted by Neil Gaiman.
Without even thinking how they’d handle the likes of Preacher or Transmetropolitan.
Well, last week someone woke and and smelt the coffee, pulling all Vertigo titles off the DC Comics App. They can now been downloaded exclusively from the Comixology Comics App, which has a 17+ rating, and read through the DC Comics App if people wish. But it is starting to get a little complicated. And will lead to the situation where this will not be able to be downloaded through the DC Comics App because of content concerns.