I wasn’t at Comic-Con, so I couldn’t pick this up first hand. blastr are belatedly reporting that Scott Bakula appeared at the Quantum Leap retrospective panel and revealed that work on a movie is currently underway.
The good news is that Don [P. Bellisario] is working on the film script and has a big time Hollywood producer who wants to do it… It’s about time. But what I always thought would happen, happened … But Dean [Stockwell] and I will have a part in it somehow.
Don did say that as he was writing, he told me he was having trouble, ‘getting you and Dean out of my head.’ But I know he will do it.
It’s easy, Don. Just write for Scott and Dean, and let the recasting do the work. These are supposed to be the same characters, after all. Why reinvent the wheel? And wasn’t a great deal of the praise lavished on the new Star Trek down to the characters feeling, at heart, familiar and recognisable?
What I’m most interested in is how something so intrinsically serial can be made to work as a feature narrative. A couple of little jumps to set the deal up, then a big one? Perhaps some kind of over-arcing connection between them all?
blastr‘s source is a site called The Two Cents Corp. who also report a lot of trivia from the panel that fans of the original show will enjoy. I’m not sure if I’m a fan or not. I kind of am. I guess it’s a slightly guilty pleasure of mine.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014