The first three images from the big “Why?” remake of Brighton Rock have been revealed. The film has been directed by Rowan Joffe, screenwriter of the upcoming Anton Corbijn and George Clooney thriller The American, and stars Sam Curtis, Andrea Riseborough, John Hurt and Helen Mirren.
Graham Greene’s novel has been adapted once before, by the Boulting Brothers, John and Roy. A lot of people really do hate that film’s “trick ending“, but I always found it more satisfying than the one in the book. That film was called Young Scarface on its American release and you’ll get a hint why from the first of these images.
And that last one is more than a little Quadrophenia.
I’m hoping this film turns out okay, or even really wonderful. My hunch is that it will get a big premiere at the London Film Festival, maybe as the closing night film…? It really can’t remain under wraps for much longer without raising suspicions.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014