When the Conscience Speaks or Ketika Nurani Bicara will have 10,000 copies printed, 8,000 sent to schools and libraries in Indonesia next month and the rest sold in bookstores for $4 each. What makes this book notable is that it will star Ali Imron, who is serving a life sentence. The book looks at Ali’s life story, and involvement in the terrorist group that killed so many. During the story, Ali gives advice against being recruited by terrorist organisations and the dangers of radicalism.
Also appearing in the comic are Bambang Agus Priyanto, who led rescue efforts after the attack, and Eka Hayati, the wife of one of the dead, explaining to her childen what happened to their father. The book will not be distributed outside Indonesia.
(Last Updated August 6, 2010 1:07 am )
- David Ziggy Greene, Signing & Talking for Scene & Heard at Orbital Comics Tomorrow - May 25, 2018
- Solo Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Spoiler-Free Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018