From the bars of New Orleans, where Green Lantern is currently being filmed, comes this little gossipy nugget from certain bragging production staff. Do bear in mind that they may have been using their connection to the film to hit on people…
Nevertheless, the word is that shooting on Green Lantern 2 is scheduled to begin before the first movie is even released.
So confident of a smash are Warner Bros, that they already making big plans to use current shooting location New Orleans as a stand-in for DC’s Coast City in the sequel, which will be announced for either a Summer or Christmas 2012 release, depending on where the Flash movie fits in.
And if the first film does the megabucks they are expecting, then Warners will greenlight a third Green Lantern movie to be shot back to back with the second, for release in 2013.
Such a schedule may also put a damper onplans for a Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool movie. Or maybe just push them back a year?
- Britain Gets Batburgers for Real - June 21, 2018
- Dellec Gets a Relaunch and a Primer in Aspen Press September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New Hatchet Series Launches from American Mythology in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- 4 New Graphic Novels from Caliber in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- Central City Comix of Surrey, British Columbia, Canada to Close This Weekend - June 21, 2018