From the bars of New Orleans, where Green Lantern is currently being filmed, comes this little gossipy nugget from certain bragging production staff. Do bear in mind that they may have been using their connection to the film to hit on people…
Nevertheless, the word is that shooting on Green Lantern 2 is scheduled to begin before the first movie is even released.
So confident of a smash are Warner Bros, that they already making big plans to use current shooting location New Orleans as a stand-in for DC’s Coast City in the sequel, which will be announced for either a Summer or Christmas 2012 release, depending on where the Flash movie fits in.
And if the first film does the megabucks they are expecting, then Warners will greenlight a third Green Lantern movie to be shot back to back with the second, for release in 2013.
Such a schedule may also put a damper onplans for a Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool movie. Or maybe just push them back a year?
- 30 DC Comics Covers For December From Frank Cho, Jenny Frison, JG Jones, Jim Lee And More - November 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Cover For Kamandi Challenge #12 - November 22, 2017
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017
- New Darkness, Cyber Force, Aphrodite V To Join New Witchblade In 2018 - November 22, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Store Deals For 2017: Part One - November 22, 2017