Hardly Sophie’s Choice, is it?
As per previous reports, Ms. Johansson is the front runner to play the lead in Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity, a picture that FX house Cinesite have described as “60% CG feature animation with the balance being hybrid CG and live action elements.” At the same time, Vulture have her “in talks” to join Old St. Louis, a David O. Russell picture in which Chloe Moretz is “lined up to play a traveling salesman’s estranged daughter – think Paper Moon or Matchstick Men without the con tricks – and Vince Vaughn will play her dad”.
Johansson’s role would be as “Vaughn’s paramour, a secretary who accompanies them on their cross-country sales jaunt.”
Choose, Johansson, choose. Or… you know, don’t. For all we know, scheduling could permit both.
That, however, could be very bad news for Blake Lively. According to The NY Daily News (the source that initially linked Scarlett to the role) Lively is actively pursuing the female in Gravity. Hmmm. Perhaps I’m starting to doubt both of their reports a little now…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014