Back in the months before GI Joe was released, rumours came bouncing down the way like a bucket of rubber balls: Stephen Sommers was off of the project, the film had received the lowest test screening score in the history of Paramount, editor Stuart Baird was being called in to fix the film.
Movieline reported, at the time, that these accounts were not entirely true, and that despite Sommers’ “supposedly controlling nature and delusions of Michael Bay grandeur”, the studio was allowing him to finish the picture.
Well, bad blood be damned, because they’ve now gone and tapped him to russle up the follow-on too. The Wrap add that the screenplay Paramount are moving forward with was written by Zombieland‘s Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the same guys hired to write the Venom and Deadpool pictures.
I’d be flabbergasted if this sequel was either a) as bad as the first film or b) actually anything to care about. I’d imagine it’s just going to hang out there, in the negative zone, not doing much or mattering at all.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014