We already knew that Chris Pine is attached to play Ryan and that the film is called – for now, at least – Moscow, and now Bender’s involvement has come to light via Vulture.
The assumption is that Bender’s career is benefitting from a long-term association with JJ Abrams, who definitely casts a long shadow at Paramount, where Moscow lives. He directed episodes of Felicity, Alias and Lost.
Bender is currently at work on the pilot for Alphas, a SyFy series that sounds an awful lot like Heroes. It features a series of superheroes, for want of a better term, that deal with cases the CIA and FBI can’t handle by themselves. It could be his last TV project for quite some time…
Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been speaking about Moscow a little bit lately (see, for example, Film School Rejects), confirming that yes, it will be an origin story, but no, there’s no place in the story for John Clark, a fan-favourite colleague of Ryan’s.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014