Not too long ago, representatives of Radical Comics contacted artist Rudy Vasquez and asked if he would do a new book for them “Driver For The Dead”. They liked what he had done with Jazan Wild in the “It’s Murphy’s Law” issue of Jazon Wild’s Funhouse Of Horror. But Rudy declined.
They seem to have liked that book an awful lot. Here’s Murphy’s Law on the left, and Driver For The Dead by John Heffernon and Leonardo Manco on the right. With a black hearse-driving fighter of the supernatural…
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- September’s Vegas Fan Fusion Cancelled by Square Egg - August 20, 2018
- Mayo “SEN” Naito to Create Back-Up Strip in New Shazam Comic - August 20, 2018
- Frank Quitely Returns to DC Comics for The Green Lantern Variant Covers - August 20, 2018
- It’s Superman vs. Dr Manhattan in November’s Doomsday Clock - August 20, 2018
- The Return of Suicide Squad: Black Files – With or Without Doctor Endless? - August 20, 2018