Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are to bring back Thunderstrike for Marvel Comics. The nineties Thor-alike created by Tom and Ron who had his own successful series for a few years. Thunderstrike was a builder who became Thor for a few years and enough of the Thordust rubbed off on the fellow when they separated. And forced him to grow that pony tail. You know, like this.
Thunderstrike was also an Avenger and a member of Thor Corps and his early appearances were favoured by the speculators until the Marvel expansion came crashing down around peoples ears, Thunderstrike being a poster boy for that contraction.
Tom had previously written about having another series in the works to follow the final cancellation of the Spider-Girl series. But he didn’t expect this to leak so soon.
He is currently writing a new Thunderstrike limited series with co-creator Ron Frenz.
I didn’t think that bio would be public until the actual convention in October.
Anyway, Ron, Sal, Tom and I have been working on a new Thunderstrike limited series for a few months in what we laughingly refer to as our “spare time”.
All I can tell you is that it will be set in the regular Marvel Universe and it’s loaded with twists, turns, action and angst–in other words–our typical fun & games thrill-o-rama!
Hope we can count on your support and thanks for being there!
No news on whether it will have a sparkly cover or not. But with the Spider-Man Clone Wars and Batman Beyond seeing new series, and Deadpool a new industry, is this the final proof if proof were needed that we’re heading into a full scale nineties revival already? Forget Tron and Transformers, someone needs to license Seaquest DSV stat!
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018