Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are to bring back Thunderstrike for Marvel Comics. The nineties Thor-alike created by Tom and Ron who had his own successful series for a few years. Thunderstrike was a builder who became Thor for a few years and enough of the Thordust rubbed off on the fellow when they separated. And forced him to grow that pony tail. You know, like this.
Thunderstrike was also an Avenger and a member of Thor Corps and his early appearances were favoured by the speculators until the Marvel expansion came crashing down around peoples ears, Thunderstrike being a poster boy for that contraction.
Tom had previously written about having another series in the works to follow the final cancellation of the Spider-Girl series. But he didn’t expect this to leak so soon.
He is currently writing a new Thunderstrike limited series with co-creator Ron Frenz.
I didn’t think that bio would be public until the actual convention in October.
Anyway, Ron, Sal, Tom and I have been working on a new Thunderstrike limited series for a few months in what we laughingly refer to as our “spare time”.
All I can tell you is that it will be set in the regular Marvel Universe and it’s loaded with twists, turns, action and angst–in other words–our typical fun & games thrill-o-rama!
Hope we can count on your support and thanks for being there!
No news on whether it will have a sparkly cover or not. But with the Spider-Man Clone Wars and Batman Beyond seeing new series, and Deadpool a new industry, is this the final proof if proof were needed that we’re heading into a full scale nineties revival already? Forget Tron and Transformers, someone needs to license Seaquest DSV stat!
- Bleeding Cool’s First Cosplay Shots From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 20, 2017
- Tom King Teases ‘Dark Matter’ From DC Comics For December 2017 - July 19, 2017
- ‘Astonisher’ Begins And ‘Noble’ Returns From Catalyst Prime In October - July 19, 2017
- The Tick Takeover Experience At San Diego Comic-Con 2017: One Of The Best Off-Site Activities In Years - July 19, 2017
- Doctor Who: Topps Trading Card For The 13th Doctor Available – That Was Fast - July 19, 2017