StarWatch: Lucasfilm writer Haden Blackman, responsible for a number of Star Wars comics, has resigned for the company, To do non-Star Wars things after thirteen years.
SaskaWatch: Los Luchadores Mysteriosos’ Evan Quiring will be at the Estevan Public Library, Saskatchewan, Canada on August 13th and 14th, to conduct a comics writing workshop. It’s free but you must register.
Leading artists Lee Hyun-se, Im Seok-nam are collaborating on the project, with Lee’s favoured writer Choi Sung-hyun.
WeddingWatch: A couple in Devon, UK are to get married dressed as Batman and Wonder Woman. The best man will appear as Robin and the bride, Sharon Wetherell, will walk down the eiasle to the 1970s Wonder Woman TV series theme tune. The congregation will also be similarly attired…
VisaWatch: Dave of Cynanide & Happiness is trying to get a Visa to visit the USA for work purposes. But apparently they don’t think he’s popular enough. Can you help if you are an American citizen?
Brian David Johnson analyses comics and Comic-Con and sees a new future emerging.
I realized I had, in fact, entered the parallel universe. Comics and the future of all entertainment were definitely on a parallel path; both were seeking to be more ubiquitous, personal, informative and social. The superheroes of my childhood were playing out the future of entertainment right in front of me.
GameWatch: The DCU Online MMO trailer
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017
- The Spoilery Titles Of Marvel/Netflix’s Iron Fist Episodes, Who Directed Them, And Why The DVD Will Be 18 Rated In The UK - January 23, 2017
- K Perkins Returns To DC In April, Writing Superwoman Monthly Comic - January 23, 2017
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017