StarWatch: Lucasfilm writer Haden Blackman, responsible for a number of Star Wars comics, has resigned for the company, To do non-Star Wars things after thirteen years.
SaskaWatch: Los Luchadores Mysteriosos’ Evan Quiring will be at the Estevan Public Library, Saskatchewan, Canada on August 13th and 14th, to conduct a comics writing workshop. It’s free but you must register.
Leading artists Lee Hyun-se, Im Seok-nam are collaborating on the project, with Lee’s favoured writer Choi Sung-hyun.
WeddingWatch: A couple in Devon, UK are to get married dressed as Batman and Wonder Woman. The best man will appear as Robin and the bride, Sharon Wetherell, will walk down the eiasle to the 1970s Wonder Woman TV series theme tune. The congregation will also be similarly attired…
VisaWatch: Dave of Cynanide & Happiness is trying to get a Visa to visit the USA for work purposes. But apparently they don’t think he’s popular enough. Can you help if you are an American citizen?
Brian David Johnson analyses comics and Comic-Con and sees a new future emerging.
I realized I had, in fact, entered the parallel universe. Comics and the future of all entertainment were definitely on a parallel path; both were seeking to be more ubiquitous, personal, informative and social. The superheroes of my childhood were playing out the future of entertainment right in front of me.
GameWatch: The DCU Online MMO trailer
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018