We knew for a while that the original Holy Terror Batman project from Frank Miller, originally described as Batman Vs Al Qaeda, wasn’t actually going to star Batman anymore. But who would the stand-in replacement be?
Frank Miller has told the LA Times that the lead will be called The Fixer and is now a gun-toting soldier.
He’s been trained as special ops and when his city is attacked all of a sudden all the pieces fall into place and all this training comes into play. He’s been out there fighting crime without really having his heart in it — he does it to keep in shape. He’s very different than Batman in that he’s not a tortured soul. He’s a much more well-adjusted creature even though he happens to shoot 100 people in the course of the story.
This may be a definition of the term well-adjusted that I was previously unaware of. Though it looks like Miller is very aware of that dichotomy.
The Fixer has been drawn/painted on extra-large boards and will be published next year in a horizontal fashion, similatr to 300.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017