We knew for a while that the original Holy Terror Batman project from Frank Miller, originally described as Batman Vs Al Qaeda, wasn’t actually going to star Batman anymore. But who would the stand-in replacement be?
Frank Miller has told the LA Times that the lead will be called The Fixer and is now a gun-toting soldier.
He’s been trained as special ops and when his city is attacked all of a sudden all the pieces fall into place and all this training comes into play. He’s been out there fighting crime without really having his heart in it — he does it to keep in shape. He’s very different than Batman in that he’s not a tortured soul. He’s a much more well-adjusted creature even though he happens to shoot 100 people in the course of the story.
This may be a definition of the term well-adjusted that I was previously unaware of. Though it looks like Miller is very aware of that dichotomy.
The Fixer has been drawn/painted on extra-large boards and will be published next year in a horizontal fashion, similatr to 300.
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017