We knew for a while that the original Holy Terror Batman project from Frank Miller, originally described as Batman Vs Al Qaeda, wasn’t actually going to star Batman anymore. But who would the stand-in replacement be?
Frank Miller has told the LA Times that the lead will be called The Fixer and is now a gun-toting soldier.
He’s been trained as special ops and when his city is attacked all of a sudden all the pieces fall into place and all this training comes into play. He’s been out there fighting crime without really having his heart in it — he does it to keep in shape. He’s very different than Batman in that he’s not a tortured soul. He’s a much more well-adjusted creature even though he happens to shoot 100 people in the course of the story.
This may be a definition of the term well-adjusted that I was previously unaware of. Though it looks like Miller is very aware of that dichotomy.
The Fixer has been drawn/painted on extra-large boards and will be published next year in a horizontal fashion, similatr to 300.
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017