Above is our first look at an official design image from Legendary Studios’ upcoming Godzilla reboot. This was discovered by the bona fide daikaiju nuts at Monster Island News, who discovered it through a report on the website of Augmented Reality specialists Talking Dog.
I’ll quote the talking dog directly:
This week, Legendary Pictures is at San Diego’s Comic-Con International, the world’s biggest comics and pop culture convention, celebrating the beginning of production on their next film: Godzilla. Persons attending the conference will receive a t-shirt with an image of the new Godzilla, and when they look at themselves in a webcam at the Legendary Pictures tradeshow booth, they’ll see a superimposed animation of Godzilla’s “atomic breath” shooting out into the air in front of them from Godzilla’s mouth, complete with black smoke rising from the flames and the ground-shaking bellow of Godzilla’s instantly recognizable roar.
The magic widget that makes the AR work is the little black and white logo in the corner.
I printed the image out, visited the appropriate page of the Talking Dog site and… it promptly stopped working. I struggled a while, and then, as if by magic… got it to do what it was supposed to.
And that is what you’ll be seeing later today if you go to the Legendary panel at Comic-Con… but you saw it here first, filmed on a cameraphone. The wrong way round.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014