From Mr. Kevin Smith’s Comic-Con panel came out first shred of Red State casting news. So who is to be the unknown given the key role of a Fred Phelps-type figure?
It’s Michael Parks, unknown from his roles in Kill Bill, From Dusk Til Dawn and Twin Peaks. In 1969 he was particularly unknown as the title star of Then Came Bronson, his own TV show. I could go on – there’s loads of pretty visible reasons he’s so unknown.
Okay, he’s relatively unknown. We’re a select bunch. We’re going to recognise more actors than the typical man-in-the-street.
Phelps, if Rich hasn’t fully educated you in all such matters yet, is the founder of the Westboro Church. Quick, Rich – out to the picket lines and ask him what he thinks of the casting. Go!
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014