I’ve received the following, apparently the up-to-date official synopsis for Alfonso Cuaron’s sci-fi movie Gravity:
NASA astronauts Ryan Stone and Matt Kowalski are busy repairing the Hubble telescope and getting it launched from the Atlantis space station. They receive sudden word to abandon the mission and reboard their ship due to a a satellite avalanche orbiting in their direction at breakneck speed. Ryan and Matt get back in their shuttle and try to race back to earth before the tidal wave of space junk reaches their ship.
I could question some elements of that, but I think whoever wrote it was simply trying to avoid spoilers. Some official blurbs just spill it all, so it is nice when one doesn’t.
For those of you wondering if Scarlett Johansson would be playing Ryan or Matt, Ryan is the female role. Originally she was going to be played by Angelina Jolie before, according to rumours, Johansson and Marion Cotillard came in to orbit. Robert Downey Jr. is still, to the best of my knowledge, in the frame for the role of Matt.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014