Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- A Look Behind The Walls Of The LEGO Booth At New York Toy Fair 2017 - February 21, 2017
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017