Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017
- Mighty Thor #700, One Of 7 Marvel Legacy Comics Going To Second Print - October 19, 2017
- Will You Have A New Year’s Eve Party, Or Wait For An Avengers #675 Party? - October 19, 2017