Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017
- Titans – The DC Live-Action TV Series Alongside Season 3 Of Young Justice, On DC’s Own Streaming TV Service For 2018 - April 25, 2017