Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Is DC Comics Playing Editorial Musical Chairs? - December 10, 2017
- For Christmas, How About a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Box for $55? - December 10, 2017
- A Few Shots of Cosplay from Tokyo Comic Con 2017 - December 10, 2017
- Modern Mythos with the Outstanding Jack Rabbit - December 10, 2017
- When You Awaken a Deceased ’60s Rock Star, You’ve Got to Rock - December 10, 2017