Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 26th February 2017 – “I Wish Marvel’s Best Comic Could Be As Good As Their Worst Movie Or Netflix” - February 26, 2017
- One Last Cheer! A 2000AD Birthday Interview With Mike Carroll, Mike Collins And Rufus Dayglo - February 26, 2017
- 2000AD #2, First Appearance Of Judge Dredd, Sells For Over $880 On eBay - February 26, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 26th February 2017 – Holding The Market Back At $2.99? - February 26, 2017
- Concerns Expressed Over Mark Waid’s First Issue Of Jughead, Comics Most High Profile Asexual Character - February 26, 2017