Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Nine Worlds Geekfest Of London Launches Over 200 Events In Three Days Of August - July 25, 2017
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017