Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Preview Of Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa’s Mech Cadet Yu #2 A Month Ahead - August 21, 2017
- Liam Sharp, Your Metal Collaborator Is Bryan Hitch! 14 Things We Noticed In DC’s November 2017 Solicits - August 21, 2017
- Full DC Comics November 2017 Solicits, As Dr Manhattan Creates Superman… - August 21, 2017
- Everything You Know About The Other Steve Rogers Was Wrong – Secret Empire #9 Spoilers - August 21, 2017
- LEAKED: The Doomsday Clock Lenticular Cover Shows The Trinity, Via Rorschach’s Face - August 21, 2017