Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- How Someone Who Had Never Read A Comic Book In Their Life Became A Graphic Novelist - May 28, 2017
- The Cosplay Of Phoenix Comicon 2017 In 150 Shots - May 28, 2017
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017