Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Tim Seeley And Priscilla Petraites Launch Their Brilliant Trash In AfterShock Comics’ November 2017 Solicits - August 21, 2017
- Five Hot Comics – And One To Watch – August 2017 - August 21, 2017
- Buying A Comic Shop On Facebook… - August 21, 2017
- Red, Switch, Mother, Negative, Seance – Five Teases For X-Men To Come - August 21, 2017
- Whedonesque Website Closes After Whedongate, Requests Donations Towards PTSD Treatments - August 21, 2017