Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- 13 Thoughts About Doomsday Clock #1 – Learning From History, Condemned To Repeat It Anyway (SPOILERS) - November 21, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And Doomsday Clock Eclipses Them All – A Comic Show - November 21, 2017
- Batman And Catwoman’s First Date Sells Out A Week Before Publication, Batman Annual #2 Goes To Second Print - November 21, 2017
- Geoff Johns’ 11.57 PM Countdown Video For Doomsday Clock #1 - November 21, 2017
- Image Comics Solicits For February 2018 Sees A New Governor For The Walking Dead - November 21, 2017