Respectfully, we informed you of this event at an earlier yadda yadda yadda…
Karen Berger, Executive Editor of Vertigo at DC Comics, has just confirmed on the Vertigo panel at San Diego Comic Con that all Vertigo characters rooted in the DC Universe are being returned to the editorial mandates of the DCU offices.
This included a Swamp Thing series in production, but that everything was worked out amicably. And she was insistent that Vertigo is at its very best when creating new and interesting comics.
Bleeding Cool recently reported that this was new policy a few months ago and that China Meiville’s five-issue-written new Swamp Thing series was a casualty of that. We also reported the cancellation of Madame Xanadu, a character even more recently a DCU property.
Though, with his impending nuptuals, it looks like John Constantine, as ever, will be the exception.
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018
- You Are Invited to the Wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… - January 18, 2018
- Avengers #676 and Ice Cream Man #1 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- …And a New Face for Iron Circus Comics, No Longer at Diamond - January 18, 2018
- New Faces at Diamond Comic Distributors… - January 18, 2018