Here’s how Whedon sees The Avengers going down, according to our ears in the crowd at Comic-Con:
- It’s going to be 3D. But actually shot in 3D? Er… dunno. Why did nobody ask him this?
- His favourite Avengers storyline was The Death of Adam Warlock that ran across The Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two in One The Thing and Spider-Man. These are compiled in Marvel Masterworks: Warlock volume 2. We should not, however, expect such mysticism and cosmic shenanigans from his movie.
- What he’s enjoying about the character dynamics is that “these people shouldn’t be in the same room – and that is the very definition of family”. As much as anything else, this could be a nice way of making a virtue out of the fragmented nature of the Marvel movies franchise.
- He’s not rewriting the script for the movie at all. No – he’s writing it. From scratch. At the moment he’s moving around the parts of his own plot outline, “breaking” the story. When he does start writing dialogue, though, he’s not promising a long time spent on revision draft. He doesn’t “really do second drafts”.
- On the other hand, he’s open to criticism and advice.
The Avengers should officially be in pre-production by October with filming set to run into next Spring. I give it about five hours or so before the next big bit of news on the movie breaks…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014