That’s what Marvel are announcing. X-Men #1, selling around seven million dollars, back in the early nineties.Five covers. The comic advertisements sent to retailers asking “that Porsche you always wanted” And now a toilet.
But today at San Diego Comic Con, Marvel received the Guinness World Record for the highest selling single comic book.
But I’m wondering. Can’t Asterix volumes sell millions of copies?
In related news. Chris Claremont and artist Jim Lee then later appeared at the DC booth with Rob Liefeld…
I want to look at that award more carefully…
- Tom King, James Tynion, Tim Seeley And Scott Lobdell Rank Off The Batfamily - February 20, 2017
- Core Business: A Dream Killer Edition – Michael Davis, From The Edge - February 20, 2017
- Marvel Comics Blame Retailer Woes On Returnable $2.99 DC Comics – Do They Have A Point? - February 20, 2017
- The First Time Kieron Gillen Wrote A James Bond Comic - February 20, 2017
- Was The Rocket Raccoon Cancellation-And-Relaunch A Trademark Shot Against DC Comics? - February 20, 2017