That’s what Marvel are announcing. X-Men #1, selling around seven million dollars, back in the early nineties.Five covers. The comic advertisements sent to retailers asking “that Porsche you always wanted” And now a toilet.
But today at San Diego Comic Con, Marvel received the Guinness World Record for the highest selling single comic book.
But I’m wondering. Can’t Asterix volumes sell millions of copies?
In related news. Chris Claremont and artist Jim Lee then later appeared at the DC booth with Rob Liefeld…
I want to look at that award more carefully…
- John Tyler Christopher Switches From Action Figure To Trading Card Covers – And Jim Lee’s Astonishing X-Men 1:1000 Variant Revealed - June 22, 2017
- Marvel Promises Marvel Legacy Will Affect Every Hero, Every Title, Every Story, Announced Tomorrow - June 22, 2017
- Dave Sim Does Superman For Aardvark Comics #1 - June 22, 2017
- Gendercrunching April 2017 – Marvel Comics, DC, Image, Dark Horse And IDW - June 22, 2017
- Expect A “Return To Planet Hulk” With Marvel Legacy - June 22, 2017