Here are the least controversial bits and pieces of Avengers news in quite some time.
According to one of our very well placed sources (think: USA, west coast, sunny, lots of big buildings that look like warehouses, people zipping about in electric carts), Joss Whedon’s movie version of The Avengers will be shooting in Manhattan next year. What exactly will go before the cameras isn’t yet known – or, if we’re being honest, hasn’t even been completely decided – but the plan at the moment definitely involves the SHIELD Helicarrier.
Design teams have been working on the movie for some time, even before the appointment of Joss Whedon as director, and have developed some ideas about how much of the film will look. As regards some key items – including the Helicarrier – the concept artists shared their preliminary designs with the producers of the Marvel 4D exhibit at London’s Madame Tussauds in order to create some consistency. There’s a trailer for that toon here on Bleeding Cool, but it doesn’t feature the Helicarrier at all, so if you’re really that curious, you’ll have to make a trip to London yourself.
There’s apparently going to be a great need for Avengers extras on the streets of Manhattan next year. Stay tuned (for several months, I expect), and we’ll tell you how and where to reply. In return, you keep us in the loop on everything you see go down.
Until then a quick look at a couple of helicarrier ripoffs from Sky Captain and Doctor Who.
This has been a joint Brendon Connelly/Rich Johnston investigation
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014