I finally saw Toy Story 3 today. It’s out in the UK from next Monday and… well, it comes highly recommended. Review to follow.
During the press events for the film earlier this year, Dave Sztypuljak of Hey U Guys took part in a roundtable chat with the film’s stereoscopic imaging supervisor, Bob Whitehill. As well as discussing what makes Toy Story 3‘s stereo images work, and what 3D offers in general, Whitehill also offered a revelation about the studio’s future plans for the format:
Ratatouille is one that we’re exploring doing [3D conversion on] and Brad Bird is very open to some changes, you know, some very subtle changes but slight reframings. If a character’s reaching forward and a pinky goes off screen, we’ll adjust the camera and the character a little bit to have the hand on. So that said, if the director’s open to minor modifications on a library title then that’s wonderful and we’re really excited about doing that.
So Ratatouille is getting set up for a 3D re-release from the Pixar vaults, and it sounds like it won’t be the only one coming around again. I just did a cartwheel. Right at you in 3D.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014