Dave Prowse, best known for his role as Darth Vader and as the Green Cross Code Man in nineteen seventies British public information movies – and also the corpse of Hotblack Desiato in HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy– has told fans that he won’t be attending the LucasFilm Star Wars Celebration V convention. He writes;
It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have “burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself” – no other reason given.
I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501.
Sincere apologies to all my fans who were hoping to meet with me – I shall miss you too. As you will see from my events page I will be at many conventions all over the world so we can still keep in touch.
Prowse has said that he believes George Lucas thinks he leaked the death of Darth Vader in Return Of The Jedi – though Prowse also states he had no idea himself. TheForce.Net have confirmed that LucasFilm have banned Prowse from attending.
So no Darth Vader. But Ray Parks is still fine and dandy!
I notice Jon Stewart is attending. It wouldn’t be like Jon to bite the hand that feeds him and constantly talk up David’s absence, would it?
- Here’s A Better Look At The Mighty Mouse Artwork Shown At Diamond Summit - April 25, 2017
- A “Four Doctors” Crossover Begins In Titan Comics’ Doctor Who Series On September, And More - April 25, 2017
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive: Teaser Trailer For Revival, The Movie Based On The Comic By Tim Seeley And Mike Norton, From Image - April 25, 2017
- Finally Something New From DC Comics? Looking Through Dark Matter From A Retailer’s Point Of View - April 25, 2017