Dave Prowse, best known for his role as Darth Vader and as the Green Cross Code Man in nineteen seventies British public information movies – and also the corpse of Hotblack Desiato in HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy– has told fans that he won’t be attending the LucasFilm Star Wars Celebration V convention. He writes;
It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have “burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself” – no other reason given.
I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501.
Sincere apologies to all my fans who were hoping to meet with me – I shall miss you too. As you will see from my events page I will be at many conventions all over the world so we can still keep in touch.
Prowse has said that he believes George Lucas thinks he leaked the death of Darth Vader in Return Of The Jedi – though Prowse also states he had no idea himself. TheForce.Net have confirmed that LucasFilm have banned Prowse from attending.
So no Darth Vader. But Ray Parks is still fine and dandy!
I notice Jon Stewart is attending. It wouldn’t be like Jon to bite the hand that feeds him and constantly talk up David’s absence, would it?
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018