Director Reg Traviss has followed up the sweep and scale of Joy Division with something smaller and more British. Psychosis is a feature length remake of one third of the cult horror anthology, Screamtime. It’s just the sort of for-the-fans horror picture that, these days, we’d expect to go direct to DVD, now that all of the fleapits have been replaced with car parks and everybody goes to the cinema in concrete multiplexes.
Indeed, the film will be hitting disc soon – on July 19th – but on the way, it’s stopping by The Prince Charles Cinema for a premiere presentation on Tuesday July 13th. If you win this competition, you could be there, too, and get to see the movie as well as director Reg Traviss and stars Charisma Carpenter, Ricci Harnett and Justin Hawkins. There’s going to be a Q&A before the screening, too, so get your best questions ready. “Where the hell have you been?” just won’t cut it.
Yes, I did say Justin Hawkins. From out of the Darkness. Where the hell has he been?
To win the premiere tickets (or, if you’re just the runner up, a copy of the film on DVD) what you need to do is e-mail me the answer to the following question with your address and Twitter handle:
One of my film stories here at the site, since I started a couple of weeks ago, has an image at the top for which the filename is monsterhead. What’s the headline of that story?
Easy. Everybody knows a monsterhead when they see one.
Psychosis, then: premiering at The Prince Charles Cinema on Tuesday 13th, 8.30pm. The following Monday, July 19th, it’s out on DVD. My review and interview with director Reg Traviss to follow soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014