Caeruleuphiles* take note: when the extended edition of James Cameron’s Avatar hits cinema screens from next month, the legendary Na’vi-on-Avatar sex scene will have been reinstated. That’s a good start, but what else is going back in?
Sam Worthington knows, and he spilled at a press event in LA to promote his plans for his comics and a comics-to-film company. Coming Soon seem to be first to put the details online. Here’s their transcript:
I wish we added eight hours. I think the first cut I saw was about six hours long… There’s a couple of extra hunting scenes. There’s a much-speculated and blogged sex scene everyone keeps f–king harping on about. To be honest, I think everyone’s going to be disappointed that’s it’s not blue porn… But there’s a lot of other character parts. Giovanni [Ribisi] stuff and Stephen Lang stuff. So it’s up to Jim. I know Jim would only release it if it enhanced the story by putting it back in.
They’ve got other quotes from Worthington about how he’s consulted on the script for Clash of the Titans 2, he promises his character will be more “fun” and that they’ll shoot in 3D, not just upconvert. Sigh. I’ve got a dreadful feeling they’re just wasting their time.
*I don’t know if that’s the right term, but I am capable of googling “latin for blue” and seeing it say Caeruleus. That’ll do pig.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014