Red is a new movie starring Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren, based on the comic book series by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner. But production studio Summit Entertainment seem to have forgotten that very last bit.
At the immense San Diego Comic Con this month, Summit is flying in comic writer Warren Ellis for the hour-long RED panel in Hall H, alongside Willis, Mirren and more. Artist Cully Hamner however, hasn’t even contacted.
He’s at the convention anyway, as it happens. But Summit don’t seem to care. He’s not on the panel, not invited to any of the junkets.
Summit are still keen to remind anyone who will listen that Red is based on a comic. They just seem to have forgotten that anyone drew it.
Of course there’s nothing that a movie company responds quicker to than public embarrassment. So here’s where you come in… I want this Digged, Delicioused, Retweeted, Stumbled Upon, the lot. Post links in all message boards, comics, film, games, toys, carpentry, religious science, needlecraft, jellyfish the lot. The aim? Get Summit Entertainment to do the right thing.
And if not, there’s only one question I want you asking at the panel.
UPDATE: It’s confirmed. Here is the panel listing. Not even a mention….
2:15-3:15 Summit Entertainment: RED— Summit Entertainment presents a sneak peek of exclusive footage from RED. They used to be the CIA’s top agents — but the secrets they know just made them the Agency’s top targets. Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren star in RED, an explosive action-comedy based on the cult DC Comics graphic novel by Warren Ellis. Join him, director Robert Schwentke, and the film’s stars as they share footage from the film and debut the final trailer before it’s ever in theaters. Hall H
Categories: Action/Adventure | Comics | Humor & Satire | Writers & Writing
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017