Chuck Rozanski of Mile High Comics has announced he’s to sell the last of the Mile High/Edgar Church collection Golden Age comic books that made his name.
Buying 18,000 in 1977, these high-grade titles have been much desired and have a combined estimated value of over a hundred million dollars today, though most have of course been sold on.
And now Chuck is to sell the final forty from the collection. Including the highest graded copy Red Raven #1 from Timely, the predecessor to Marvel Comics, from 1940. And the full twenty-two issue run of The Spirit series from the mid forties.
Chuck estimates the combined value to be over a million dollars and is bringing all the books to San Diego Comic Con 2010 to sell. They will be available to public view, but you can probably expect the kind of security that, well, won’t look out of place amongst all the cosplayers I suppose.
Hey Chuck, how much would a panel from The Spirit cost? I’ll bring my own scissors.
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 24th June 2018 – A Week of Giant-Sized Stories - June 24, 2018
- Jamal Campbell Draws His Rob Liefeldest Ever for Amazing Spider-Man #1 Stadium Comics Variant - June 24, 2018
- Why Are The English Even More Insufferable Today? - June 24, 2018
- Rob Liefeld Draws His Gayest Deadpool Ever For Astonishing X-Men #13 - June 24, 2018