Chuck Rozanski of Mile High Comics has announced he’s to sell the last of the Mile High/Edgar Church collection Golden Age comic books that made his name.
Buying 18,000 in 1977, these high-grade titles have been much desired and have a combined estimated value of over a hundred million dollars today, though most have of course been sold on.
And now Chuck is to sell the final forty from the collection. Including the highest graded copy Red Raven #1 from Timely, the predecessor to Marvel Comics, from 1940. And the full twenty-two issue run of The Spirit series from the mid forties.
Chuck estimates the combined value to be over a million dollars and is bringing all the books to San Diego Comic Con 2010 to sell. They will be available to public view, but you can probably expect the kind of security that, well, won’t look out of place amongst all the cosplayers I suppose.
Hey Chuck, how much would a panel from The Spirit cost? I’ll bring my own scissors.
- Will We Discover The New Doctor Who Next Week? - June 25, 2017
- Adrian Ramos Launches No Room For Magic #1 In Keenspot’s September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- It’s Not San Andreas’ Fault, It’s The Monsters! Massimo Rosi And Gabriel Ibarra Nunez Launch Graveland #1 From Scout Comics In September 2017 Solicitations - June 25, 2017
- The Return Of Ted Naifeh’s Heroines In September 2017, And Other Space Goat Solicitations - June 25, 2017
- The TSA May Want To Look At Your Comics And Manga When Flying Into San Diego… - June 25, 2017