Contrary to Rich’s Jamie Bell reports, some web voices are claiming that Josh Hutcherson has won the role of Peter Parker in the upcoming 3D reboot of the Spider-Man franchise. The story seems to have started at Blue Sky Disney, a site with solid previous results in reporting on the Mouse House. Spider-Man, however, is a Sony project, no matter that Marvel have now been swallowed up by Disney. This dents the site’s source and, as a result, their report a little, I’d fear.
Of course, some are reporting that it’s unlikely Hutcherson has the role. Count me amongst that group. Rich definitely too. And also CHUD.
Their sources say, quite simply, that Hutcherson hasn’t been offered the Peter Parker role yet and, what’s more, it’s maybe doubtful that he will be. But that’s not the best bit in their story. No. This is the best bit:
I’ve heard rumors that Hutcherson is a favorite for the role of Cyclops in X-Men: First Class, but I can’t verify that at the moment.
Worth slinging out there as hearsay though. Something to ponder. The timing likely wouldn’t work out, however, with Hutcherson locked in to filming Journey to the Centre of the Earth 2 this Autumn, almost definitely overlapping significantly with the First Class schedule.
Final postscript: Blue Sky Disney are also suggesting that the new Spider-Film’s villain will be The Lizard. Not the only place I’ve heard that either. Strike you as a good choice?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014