Joel Adams, son of Neal Adams, has had a creation called Lil Creatures Of The Night going for a while. Art, prints, shirts, that kind of thing. well before the likes of Bratz, say.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018