Recently, Bleeding Cool reported that Swamp Thing would be returning permanently to the ostensibly-all-ages DC Universe line of comics, away from the mature readers line, Vertigo, after a couple of decades.
While the story hasn’t been confirmed, the cancellation of a new five-issues-written Vertigo series by China Mieville has been.
Well, I understand that Swamp Thing may make his first reappearance in the DC Universe in Ethan Van Sciver’s yet-to-be-announced Plastic Man book.
And you can expect a new ongoing series that’s fully immersed in the DC Universe to follow on the back of these appearances.
UPDATE: Ethan Van Sciver posts in the comments;
This is fantastically incorrect, for like 5 different reasons! Unless it’s a joke….?
Maybe. In this case it’s a joke that came from an impeccable, high placed source. Unless of course it’s some kind of composite story…
- J.M. DeMatteis On His “Don’t Punch A Nazi” Captain America Comic From 1982 - January 24, 2017
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017