That was a shocker. Well deserved, but a shocker nevertheless. Misfits, the superpowered drama from relatively tiny channel E4 bagged Best Drama Series at the BAFTA awards last night, beating the mighty BBC at what is usually their speciality, including the favourite, Jimmy McGovern’s The Street, spy thriller Spooks and genre breakthrough Being Human.
But this teen drama full of foul language, gratuitous nudity and orange jumpsuits beat all contenders to the prize. The cast seemed remarkably surprised, as were many – but more of a delighted surprise. This is the kind of show that doesn’t win BAFTAs, despite being loved by many. Basically, this is like Buffy winning an Emmy in its first year.
Bleeding Cool has gone on about Misfits, ooh, a few times since it first aired last November – indeed, it’s possible the site broke the very existence of the show. And with a new series shooting now, to air this November, it couldn’t have come at a better time for the team.
And non-Brits, if you haven’t seen Misfits, it’s well worth buying a multiregion DVD player for.
- When Alan Moore Talked About DC Comics And Watchmen Sequels…. Back In 2010 - November 22, 2017
- Time Is Broken In The DC Universe, Batman Says So (SPOILERS) - November 22, 2017
- Paul Weller In Today’s Invincible Iron Man #594 (SPOILERS) - November 22, 2017
- Where Do The Marvel Universe Think The Fantastic Four Are? Iron Man And Moon Girl Spoilers…. - November 22, 2017
- Kick-Ass #1 And Metal #6 On Front And Back Of Next Week’s Diamond Previews Catalogue - November 22, 2017