That was a shocker. Well deserved, but a shocker nevertheless. Misfits, the superpowered drama from relatively tiny channel E4 bagged Best Drama Series at the BAFTA awards last night, beating the mighty BBC at what is usually their speciality, including the favourite, Jimmy McGovern’s The Street, spy thriller Spooks and genre breakthrough Being Human.
But this teen drama full of foul language, gratuitous nudity and orange jumpsuits beat all contenders to the prize. The cast seemed remarkably surprised, as were many – but more of a delighted surprise. This is the kind of show that doesn’t win BAFTAs, despite being loved by many. Basically, this is like Buffy winning an Emmy in its first year.
Bleeding Cool has gone on about Misfits, ooh, a few times since it first aired last November – indeed, it’s possible the site broke the very existence of the show. And with a new series shooting now, to air this November, it couldn’t have come at a better time for the team.
And non-Brits, if you haven’t seen Misfits, it’s well worth buying a multiregion DVD player for.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 26th March 2017 – “Iron Fist Is Off To A Good Start But We Didn’t Sell A Single Issue Of Gamora” - March 26, 2017
- Gamma Trade Show- Pokemon Pre-Releases, TCGPlayer And The Popularity Of Star Wars Destiny - March 26, 2017
- Unboxing The Second Stan Lee Box For March 2017 - March 26, 2017
- Comic Book Artist Oliver Nome Has Passed Away - March 25, 2017
- Frank Cho’s Movie Poster For Scott Sava’s Animal Crackers Is A Comic Strip - March 25, 2017