Over on the Rob Liefeld forums, one poster, Jimmy Rivers, has been asking about Rob’s changing style through his career and his influences at various stages. And while talks about how the work of Whilce Portacio and Dale Keown changed his line approaches, one cover is shown specifically;
which Rob Liefeld describes as being;
more Moebius than anyone- I had a Moebius phase.
Now I love Rob. I really enjoy aspects of his work in a very kinetic, kid-appealing fashion. And his recent Deadpool work is totally in that vein. He is probably the industry’s biggest whipping boy, but I was proud to have him contribute a cover for Chase Variant earlier this year.
But come on, Rob, Moebius….
Okay, maybe a little of the stipple but… no no, sorry, can’t do it.
Let’s go with saying they’re very different artists, shall we?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017