Over on the Rob Liefeld forums, one poster, Jimmy Rivers, has been asking about Rob’s changing style through his career and his influences at various stages. And while talks about how the work of Whilce Portacio and Dale Keown changed his line approaches, one cover is shown specifically;
which Rob Liefeld describes as being;
more Moebius than anyone- I had a Moebius phase.
Now I love Rob. I really enjoy aspects of his work in a very kinetic, kid-appealing fashion. And his recent Deadpool work is totally in that vein. He is probably the industry’s biggest whipping boy, but I was proud to have him contribute a cover for Chase Variant earlier this year.
But come on, Rob, Moebius….
Okay, maybe a little of the stipple but… no no, sorry, can’t do it.
Let’s go with saying they’re very different artists, shall we?
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017