“That was always the plan. We only went to a $3.99 price point if we had 30 pages or more of content. We’re going to hold to that line as long as we can.” – Dan DiDio
That was the line back in December. “As long as we can” appears to be eight months. In August, three DC universe books make the jump. Emerald Warriors #1, Time Masters #2, and Mighty Crusaders #2. All solicited as standard size comics. No back up strips. All priced at $3.99 – when the first issue of the last two were both $2.99.
Vertigo’s American Vampire #6 is also $3.99 standard sized, and without a Stephen King story either.
- How a Marvel Marketer Helped Rob Liefeld Persuade Marvel Comics to Publish X-Force - March 22, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Infinity Countdown, Hunt for Wolverine, X-Men Gold and Fantastic Four: Beyond Galactus - March 22, 2018
- Thanos to Fight His Own Future in Thanos: The Infinity Conflict by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis - March 22, 2018
- Second Printings for Thanos, X-Men Red, Avengers, Rick & Morty and Jim Henson’s Labyrinth - March 22, 2018
- Rumour: Apple to Buy Sony? - March 22, 2018