Well itls one of my favourite books. But just now, author G Willow Wilson has made a rather sad announcement about her Vertigo series Air, drawn by M.K. Perker.
Earlier today she took to Twitter to try and clarify the situation.
And, yes, the cat is out of the bag…or the snake is on the plane…or something. AIR will end with Issue 24.
She continued as the conspiracy theories flooded in…
For those who are asking: AIR will end exactly where I planned, only a little sooner than I planned it. I had lots of advance warning.
A quiet unpredictable series set around the airline industry, countries that shouldn’t exist and international groups with their varied agenda -oh, and teleportation, Air was a more loveable Lost on acid. But, just as that show comes to an end, so is Air.
Wilson had previously been quoted as saying
I have a solid detailed topographical map for the first year and a half and a loose hand-written treasure map for another couple of years. If this follows the four year model that has become typical of good Vertigo series lately, I’ll be happy, and I’ve got ideas to fuel the whole run.
The series will be fully collected in trade paperbacks however.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017