Well itls one of my favourite books. But just now, author G Willow Wilson has made a rather sad announcement about her Vertigo series Air, drawn by M.K. Perker.
Earlier today she took to Twitter to try and clarify the situation.
And, yes, the cat is out of the bag…or the snake is on the plane…or something. AIR will end with Issue 24.
She continued as the conspiracy theories flooded in…
For those who are asking: AIR will end exactly where I planned, only a little sooner than I planned it. I had lots of advance warning.
A quiet unpredictable series set around the airline industry, countries that shouldn’t exist and international groups with their varied agenda -oh, and teleportation, Air was a more loveable Lost on acid. But, just as that show comes to an end, so is Air.
Wilson had previously been quoted as saying
I have a solid detailed topographical map for the first year and a half and a loose hand-written treasure map for another couple of years. If this follows the four year model that has become typical of good Vertigo series lately, I’ll be happy, and I’ve got ideas to fuel the whole run.
The series will be fully collected in trade paperbacks however.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018