Buck Danny is a Belgian aviation comic book series that’s been running since 1947, published in English by Cinebook. It folows tha adventures of three American pilots in the US Navy and has proved very popular over the years. Although they have never aged, they have moved from conflict to conflict, beginning with the Pacific War. There have been over fifty adventures, collected into sixteen graphic albums to date.
Blueberry’s Jean-Michel Charlier was the first writer way back then, with Victor Hubinon on art.
Victor died 1979 and was replaced by Francis Bergèse.
Then Jean-Michel died 1989, and Francis became writer on the book as well.
He then retired two years ago, and Buck Danny went with him.
But that was then. Buck Danny is back with former french navy pilot and writer of aviation series like Team Rafale, Frédéric Zumbiehl as writer. And the artist is relative newcomer Fabrice Lamy.
Here’s a test page he just posted on a message board.
Expect a new volume from publisher Dupuis later this year or early next.,
- Damian Wayne Gets A Crush – But Not on Crush (Teen Titans #23 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018
- Comic Shops Get an Exclusive John Constantine Funko POP for Free Comic Book Day 2019 (UPDATE) - October 17, 2018
- Maria Llovet Creates Original Graphic Novel ‘Loud’ for Black Mask January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Our Super Adventure by Sarah Graley Joins Rick & Morty in Oni Press January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- So Who Wrote These Words in Justice League and Aquaman: Drowned Earth? (Spoilers) - October 17, 2018