Mike Charlton reports on Free Comic Book Day for Bleeding Cool from Lancaster.
First off, the man with the plan is Mark Braithwaite, owner of First Age Comics here in Lancaster, UK in case your wondering, and full credit should go to him and his powers of comics promotion & distribution. You may remember him from his tremendous notaglitch sale offers of comic bundles at knock down prices a few months back. You can get a hold of him on Twitter, eBay and Facebook if you would like to. He was taking pictures all day so I’m sure he’ll have some snaps up soon.
Ok, so first off we got the free comics, naturally, 4 per customer incidentally, but we also napped a rather tasty FCBD reusable bag which is awesome.
FirstAgeComics were also giving away sweets and candies for the little ones, and superhero themed cupcakes for every one!!! These were produced by my fiancée Andrea Garcia, pictures of which are also in my twitpics.
Additionally, FirstAgeComics had a huge 50% off offer on a massive selection of Graphic Novels for the day, as well as huge additions to their less than half price comic bundle packages. All this along with themed balloons, superhero related soundtrack playing all day. It was a great success to say the least with regular customers and the general public filling the shop all day. They really do go all out on FCBD to make sure people have a good time and basically celebrate comics.
That’s why I thought I would write seeing as you’d asked what went on in other necks of the woods, as it was a great day and I just wanted to give credit where credit was due.
Got a local Free Comic Book Day experience? Send it to email@example.com
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018