Mike Charlton reports on Free Comic Book Day for Bleeding Cool from Lancaster.
First off, the man with the plan is Mark Braithwaite, owner of First Age Comics here in Lancaster, UK in case your wondering, and full credit should go to him and his powers of comics promotion & distribution. You may remember him from his tremendous notaglitch sale offers of comic bundles at knock down prices a few months back. You can get a hold of him on Twitter, eBay and Facebook if you would like to. He was taking pictures all day so I’m sure he’ll have some snaps up soon.
Ok, so first off we got the free comics, naturally, 4 per customer incidentally, but we also napped a rather tasty FCBD reusable bag which is awesome.
FirstAgeComics were also giving away sweets and candies for the little ones, and superhero themed cupcakes for every one!!! These were produced by my fiancée Andrea Garcia, pictures of which are also in my twitpics.
Additionally, FirstAgeComics had a huge 50% off offer on a massive selection of Graphic Novels for the day, as well as huge additions to their less than half price comic bundle packages. All this along with themed balloons, superhero related soundtrack playing all day. It was a great success to say the least with regular customers and the general public filling the shop all day. They really do go all out on FCBD to make sure people have a good time and basically celebrate comics.
That’s why I thought I would write seeing as you’d asked what went on in other necks of the woods, as it was a great day and I just wanted to give credit where credit was due.
Got a local Free Comic Book Day experience? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes – From X-Men Blue To Batwoman - July 21, 2017
- The Cosplay, Stars And Parties Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On A Thursday In 125 Pictures - July 21, 2017
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017