FilmWatch1: Millar-hating Latino Review run a shot from the set of Thor, showing The Destroyer, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in Journey Into Mystery #118, in full costume.
FilmWatch2: Pajiba report that Warners are looking into a Starman movie based on the James Robinson/Tony Harris comic.
FilmWatch3: Superman: The Man Of Steel for Christmas 2012? Fitting in with Batman Begins/Dark Knight/Green Lantern continuity in preparation for that Justice League Of America movie announcement that Geoff Johns was teasing for San Diego 2010?
FreeComicWatch: Boom! give you more comic book for your… lack of money. It’s Free Comic Book Day offering will now be a flipbook of Irredeemable #1 and Incorruptable #1 this weekend…
PirateWatch: 11 pirated Harry Potter books in China? Including a number that pit Harry Potter against, or alongside Chinese wizards because there just aren’t enough in the Rowling books?
POTUSWatch: Obama plugs comic book The 99 on Monday for its promotion of a tolerant Islam, and on Wednesday reporters find a copy of Barack The Barbarian in a coffee shop waiting for the president. Is it me or do you reckon Josh Blaylock placed it there himself?
UslanWatch: Was Michael Uslan a proto-Mark Millar? In an interview he talks about how his comics course led to employment in the comics industry.
“I called the UPI and posed as a taxpayer complaining about my money being spent on a course on comics, a commie plot to subvert our children… There was a piece on it in virtually every paper. The classes were full of cameras.”
Michael soon received a call from the vice president of DC Comics that led to a job writing The Shadow and later Batman.
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017