Two/three years ago Comic Book Resources, I reported extensively on the Alan Moore/Mitch Jenkins project Unearthing, based on the Moore’s extended essay about his magical life experiences with Steve Moore. At the time it was to be a story told with illustrative photographs and fumetti comics and would be published by Top Shelf, and accompanied by a soundtrack by Bahaus’ Kevin Haskins.
Of course that was back in 2007/2008. The project has been building since then and has seemingly taken an audio tangent. Days after Damon Albarn first talked about his upcoming Gorillaz operatic projects with Alan Moore, the word is out. Alan Moore seems to be involved with his own kind-of Gorillaz-style supergroup.
On July the 5th in the UK and July 6th in the US, Unearthing will be released as a limited edituon two hour CD box set by Lex Records. It features Alan Moore’s spoken word with a score by Crook&Flail, comprised of Fog’s Andrew Broder and Adam Drucker aka Doseone. Other musicians include Faith No More’s Mike Patton, Mogwai’s Stuart Braithwaite, Godflesh’s Justin Broadrick, and Hella’s Zach Hill.
The set will include both CD and vinyl versions, an EP of instrumental highlights, a copy of Moore’s script, and images by Mitch Jenkins from the upcoming illustrated Unearthing. Here’s the full box listing;
2 x. 180g vinyl LP audiobook with soundtrack
1 x. 180g vinyl – soundtrack instrumental
1 x. deluxe photo print portrait of Alan Moore by Mitch Jenkins
1 x. Dot-matrix printed transcript of Unearthing
1 x. Unearthing poster by Mitch Jenkins
CD1. audiobook with soundtrack
CD2. soundtrack instrumental
The limited edition boxset will set you back £50 plus postage. Preorders are being taken here.
- C.B. Cebulski Recommends Comic Book Artists Use Their Real Name - January 16, 2018
- Jackie Ormes and Carol Kalish Inducted into Eisner Hall Of Fame for 2018, 16 More Nominated - January 16, 2018
- Frank Cho Moves to Watercolours for Harley Quinn Covers - January 16, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018