Goi on then, let’s have a spin round the Marvel and DC solicitations for July 2010. What sticks out?
Well, the 52-spinoff comic The Great Ten, has sadly been cancelled after just nine issues. You’d have thought for irony’s sake, DC could have pushed it to one more issue.
Will people please stop completely reinventing the rules of magic in the Marvel Universe? Just for a couple of months?
Shadowland #1 – “This event will change the streets of New York City—and the heroes that protect it—forever.”
You mean we’re going to have to buy new maps? Do you how expensive that will be.
“Plus, a jaw-dropping final page that will have everyone talking for years to come!”
Saying things like “where’s my jaw I now I had it around here somewher?e”. Though no one will be able to understand you of course. Not without a jaw.
“Grant Morrison and Tony Daniel re-team to tell the exciting 2-part, untold tale of Bruce Wayne and his adventures between BATMAN R.I.P. and FINAL CRISIS! What happened to Batman – and Dr. Hurt, for that matter – after the devastating events at the climax of R.I.P.?”
“Hey you know that crossover we did that didn’t make sense?” “Which one?” “They one that rrrreally didn’t make sense.” “Oh yeah.” “Let’s try and get them to buy more comics in which we promise that now it will make sense.” “Good idea. Will it make sense?” “No.” “Which means we can make more off them later with a new comic that will really really rrreally make sense.”
Oh look, Archie Comics treat their gay character with more respect and less stereotyping than Marvel.
World War Hulks: Spider-Man Vs Thor #1 – okay, Kieron, now you’re a whore. A very pretty whore though.
What’s the odds most people won’t see The Death Of Dracula as a lead in to the new X-Men #1, with vampires and the same creative team, until it’s too late. Marvel might as well just make a second print when they print the first. The last X-Men #1 sold between 7b and 8 million. Quite a figure to aim for… oh look, it’s got five covers.
Milo Manara. Chris Claremont. X-Women. Yes.
How long before we have a Scarlet V Casanova book?
Is that Squirrel Girl in The Heroic Age #3? It is by Dan Slott after all…
Women Of Marvel TPB – forget to list any of the women involved.
Hector Hammond really needs to floss more often.
Seven Deadpool comics, sitting on a wall… seven Deadpool comics, etc.
- J.M. DeMatteis On His “Don’t Punch A Nazi” Captain America Comic From 1982 - January 24, 2017
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017