She eats pizza. She’s got a teddy. Hopefully she washed her hands after slaying. It’s a fun cover, one of seven Deadpool-titled comics this month. But… I’m sorry, what are those on her front?
While we had fun with Kaare Andrew’s Astonishing X-Men cover yesterday, Emma Frost was presented in a cartoony format, exaggerated, sure, but in a stylish over-the-top fashion. That can’t be said for Greg Land, whose work is more on the photorealist side, and often uses photoreferencing for his work.
Which makes this pair of bangers particularly poorly designed. Two spherical semicircles, perfectky separated, with pointing up nipple extensions. I mean not even fake tits behave like this. Gravity does actually exist, even in a tight fitting uniform with special fibreglass breast pocket holders at the front.
Of course you can’t pin this totally on Greg Land here, but the colourist for creating those peculiar globes from the linework given. The solicitations don’t have any colouring credits – but irony dictates that it’s a woman.
SPECIAL SPINOFF FEATURE: BIZARRE PENISES
From the new Marvel solicitations for X-Campus #2,
Opposing factions within the Worthington Foundation begin to reveal themselves when a powerful new student, Kurt Wanger, arrives on campus.
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018