She eats pizza. She’s got a teddy. Hopefully she washed her hands after slaying. It’s a fun cover, one of seven Deadpool-titled comics this month. But… I’m sorry, what are those on her front?
While we had fun with Kaare Andrew’s Astonishing X-Men cover yesterday, Emma Frost was presented in a cartoony format, exaggerated, sure, but in a stylish over-the-top fashion. That can’t be said for Greg Land, whose work is more on the photorealist side, and often uses photoreferencing for his work.
Which makes this pair of bangers particularly poorly designed. Two spherical semicircles, perfectky separated, with pointing up nipple extensions. I mean not even fake tits behave like this. Gravity does actually exist, even in a tight fitting uniform with special fibreglass breast pocket holders at the front.
Of course you can’t pin this totally on Greg Land here, but the colourist for creating those peculiar globes from the linework given. The solicitations don’t have any colouring credits – but irony dictates that it’s a woman.
SPECIAL SPINOFF FEATURE: BIZARRE PENISES
From the new Marvel solicitations for X-Campus #2,
Opposing factions within the Worthington Foundation begin to reveal themselves when a powerful new student, Kurt Wanger, arrives on campus.
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017