She eats pizza. She’s got a teddy. Hopefully she washed her hands after slaying. It’s a fun cover, one of seven Deadpool-titled comics this month. But… I’m sorry, what are those on her front?
While we had fun with Kaare Andrew’s Astonishing X-Men cover yesterday, Emma Frost was presented in a cartoony format, exaggerated, sure, but in a stylish over-the-top fashion. That can’t be said for Greg Land, whose work is more on the photorealist side, and often uses photoreferencing for his work.
Which makes this pair of bangers particularly poorly designed. Two spherical semicircles, perfectky separated, with pointing up nipple extensions. I mean not even fake tits behave like this. Gravity does actually exist, even in a tight fitting uniform with special fibreglass breast pocket holders at the front.
Of course you can’t pin this totally on Greg Land here, but the colourist for creating those peculiar globes from the linework given. The solicitations don’t have any colouring credits – but irony dictates that it’s a woman.
SPECIAL SPINOFF FEATURE: BIZARRE PENISES
From the new Marvel solicitations for X-Campus #2,
Opposing factions within the Worthington Foundation begin to reveal themselves when a powerful new student, Kurt Wanger, arrives on campus.
- DC Comics Full (Ish) April 2017 Solicitations – Why Wait Till Next Week? - January 18, 2017
- Future Quest Has No Future After #12 In April? - January 18, 2017
- DC/Dynamite To Publish Batman/Shadow Crossover By Steve Orlando, Scott Snyder And Riley Rossmo - January 18, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017