Yesterday, Jonathan Ross and Tommy Lee Edwards signed Turf #1 at Forbidden Planet in London – the shop notable for taking over a thousand preorders from customer for the comic in question.
After a slight delay caused by North London roadworks, and then an interview from Leicester Square TV and local press papparazzi, the crowd flooded in. They included actor Warwick Davis who wanted to talk to Jonathan about Warwick’s new Ricky Gervais produced TV series – and possibly to get Jonathan on it. Regular FP customer and Big Issue seller, with a cat on his shoulders. And Turf cosplayers…
We also learnt that Neil Gaiman, when he visits, fills Jonathan’s bathroom with candles. And write some of his Graveyard Book there. Provenance, you see, provenance., I know some people who would kill for one of those candles….
Oh yes and I took some video… queuing:
- Street Fighter’s Jeffrey ‘Chamba’ Cruz Launches RandomVeus ODC in January - October 21, 2018
- Top Dog Comics Launches in Augusta, Georgia - October 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? - October 21, 2018
- From Hilda to Esther – Walking Through Notts Comic Con 2018 - October 21, 2018