This is being seen as a possible safeguard for Panini against the very real possibility that Marvel will be withdrawing its licence from the global comics publisher.
Panini has successfully expanded all over Europe and South America on the back of being Marvel’s international licensor. Indeed, when they began to expand, they used the Marvel bankruptcy to negotiate a deal when for a number of years they didn’t have to pay any licensing fees to Marvel at all.
But with Marvel’s tie-up with Disney, and the current battle for the Marvel rights in Italy, where Disney Italia is a big Panini rival, there’s the possibility that Disney see the Panini Marvel market as theirs for the taken if they wish to exploit it.
And as big as Bonelli is, it’s not quite Marvel comics…
(Last Updated April 13, 2010 4:48 am )
- DC Comics Cancels Doom Patrol #12 Orders, Delays It Until at Least April - January 18, 2018
- Justice League Of America’s Queen Of Fables Story Gets an Extra Issue - January 18, 2018
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018