This is being seen as a possible safeguard for Panini against the very real possibility that Marvel will be withdrawing its licence from the global comics publisher.
Panini has successfully expanded all over Europe and South America on the back of being Marvel’s international licensor. Indeed, when they began to expand, they used the Marvel bankruptcy to negotiate a deal when for a number of years they didn’t have to pay any licensing fees to Marvel at all.
But with Marvel’s tie-up with Disney, and the current battle for the Marvel rights in Italy, where Disney Italia is a big Panini rival, there’s the possibility that Disney see the Panini Marvel market as theirs for the taken if they wish to exploit it.
And as big as Bonelli is, it’s not quite Marvel comics…
(Last Updated April 13, 2010 4:48 am )
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017