Bleeding Cool recently received this letter;
So that’s where the tracking stats we’d been getting were coming from eh?
So we’re not going to be printing the new tracking statistics excerpts for Kick-Ass. No, we’re going to be analysing and commenting upon them under the practice of fair use instead. See how that goes over.
One week from Kick-Ass’ opening in the states, how is the movie tracking? Well… it’s hardly changed.
Total awareness is up from a two weeks ago from 50% to 61%, but definite interest has not moved that much with it, from 36% to 39%. Basically, if you wanted to see Kick-Ass before, you still want to see it – but few others have been persuaded. There has been a very slight uptick for women’s interest but it’s still relatively low and doesn’t bode well for couple’s cinema intentions.
In comparison, the less high profile remake Death At A Funeral has also not had much of a change. But then it spent a lot less money in marketing getting to this level – higher interest but a slightly lower desire to see the movie.
At this stage, a moving like Clash Of The Titans has an awareness in the eighties and interest in the fifties, with a far even spread across audiences, and that was a very bad film. Date Night had awareness in the seventies and only 37% interest – and had the opposite problem to Kick-Ass, it was weighted towards the women. But the women made the purchase decisions and Date Night did all right on that. Repo Men had 65% and 29% a week out, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid had 57% and 28%, the Bounty Hunter had 81% and 33%. Wow.
Basically lots of people (mostly men) do want to see Kick-Ass, especially considering the relatively few people who have heard about it. What is it about the advertising and marketing that’s just not sinking in though? Maybe Fox News can help with that…
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017