Kick-Ass will be released in the UK this Friday, two weeks ahead of the US release, to a very positive media reception. Reviews have been universally good, and this relatively-unknown superhero movie made a big splash in today’s papers, thanks to the London premiere – and Jane Goldman wearing a very interesting dress.
Even though it’s scheduled against Clash of The Titans, Kick Ass may be about to beat expectations. And among the audience, odds are a lot of comic book fans will be lining up to see the movie. But now they have another reason.
One minute, twenty-three seconds of Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, the new movie from Edgar Wright based on the Bryan O’Malley comic book, will play before the main film.
It’s very clever for all sorts of reasons. Not only are the audience the type who may be open to new comic-book-to-film experiences, but Scott Pilgrim itself gets referenced in the movie, in very positive terms. An advert, then a product placement – now that’s what I call synergy.
A big thank you to the Little Bleeder and Cineworld employee Gravelax who gave me the nod. And the BBFC for helping!
UPDATE: I hear as a result of this very post that the Scott Pilgrim trailer is being brought forward online… more as I hear it.
- A Drinking, Dancing Pig Explores His Weird World In ‘Hamfam’, Now On Kickstarter - August 19, 2017
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017