Kick-Ass will be released in the UK this Friday, two weeks ahead of the US release, to a very positive media reception. Reviews have been universally good, and this relatively-unknown superhero movie made a big splash in today’s papers, thanks to the London premiere – and Jane Goldman wearing a very interesting dress.
Even though it’s scheduled against Clash of The Titans, Kick Ass may be about to beat expectations. And among the audience, odds are a lot of comic book fans will be lining up to see the movie. But now they have another reason.
One minute, twenty-three seconds of Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, the new movie from Edgar Wright based on the Bryan O’Malley comic book, will play before the main film.
It’s very clever for all sorts of reasons. Not only are the audience the type who may be open to new comic-book-to-film experiences, but Scott Pilgrim itself gets referenced in the movie, in very positive terms. An advert, then a product placement – now that’s what I call synergy.
A big thank you to the Little Bleeder and Cineworld employee Gravelax who gave me the nod. And the BBFC for helping!
UPDATE: I hear as a result of this very post that the Scott Pilgrim trailer is being brought forward online… more as I hear it.
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017
- Jae Lee’s New Creator Owned Comic Announced At Phoenix Comic Con – Fey - May 28, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 28th May 2017 – What’s Going On? - May 28, 2017