Kick-Ass will be released in the UK this Friday, two weeks ahead of the US release, to a very positive media reception. Reviews have been universally good, and this relatively-unknown superhero movie made a big splash in today’s papers, thanks to the London premiere – and Jane Goldman wearing a very interesting dress.
Even though it’s scheduled against Clash of The Titans, Kick Ass may be about to beat expectations. And among the audience, odds are a lot of comic book fans will be lining up to see the movie. But now they have another reason.
One minute, twenty-three seconds of Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, the new movie from Edgar Wright based on the Bryan O’Malley comic book, will play before the main film.
It’s very clever for all sorts of reasons. Not only are the audience the type who may be open to new comic-book-to-film experiences, but Scott Pilgrim itself gets referenced in the movie, in very positive terms. An advert, then a product placement – now that’s what I call synergy.
A big thank you to the Little Bleeder and Cineworld employee Gravelax who gave me the nod. And the BBFC for helping!
UPDATE: I hear as a result of this very post that the Scott Pilgrim trailer is being brought forward online… more as I hear it.
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018