Kick-Ass will be released in the UK this Friday, two weeks ahead of the US release, to a very positive media reception. Reviews have been universally good, and this relatively-unknown superhero movie made a big splash in today’s papers, thanks to the London premiere – and Jane Goldman wearing a very interesting dress.
Even though it’s scheduled against Clash of The Titans, Kick Ass may be about to beat expectations. And among the audience, odds are a lot of comic book fans will be lining up to see the movie. But now they have another reason.
One minute, twenty-three seconds of Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, the new movie from Edgar Wright based on the Bryan O’Malley comic book, will play before the main film.
It’s very clever for all sorts of reasons. Not only are the audience the type who may be open to new comic-book-to-film experiences, but Scott Pilgrim itself gets referenced in the movie, in very positive terms. An advert, then a product placement – now that’s what I call synergy.
A big thank you to the Little Bleeder and Cineworld employee Gravelax who gave me the nod. And the BBFC for helping!
UPDATE: I hear as a result of this very post that the Scott Pilgrim trailer is being brought forward online… more as I hear it.
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017