Bonnyroad is the name of the new Grant Morrison/Paul McGuigan/Stephen Fry project for BBC Scotland.
It is, presumably about a road. That is a bit bonny.
Stephen Fry is the modern Renaissance man, actor, writer, director, presenter, documentary maker, stand up comedian, technology advocate and generl wit. You may know him from A Bit Of Fry And Lauries, Saturday Night Fry, QI, Jeeves And Wooster, V For Vendetta, Kingdom, Bones or Gormenghast.
Grant Morrison is the comic book writer, playright, chaos musician, model, best known for The New Adventures Of Hitler, Zenith, Arkham Asylum, JLA, We3, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, Flex Mentallo, Final Crisis, Kill Your Boyfriend, Earth 2, New X-Men, Marvel Boy, Mystery Play and Aztek.
Paul McGuigan is a director of The Acid House, Gangster No.1, The Wicker Park, Lucky Number Slevin, The Reckoning and Sherlock.
And it’s called Bonnyroad.
This really is the extent of my knowledge. So to google. Ah ha.
And see not ye that bonny road,
That winds about the fernie brae?
That is the road to fair Elfland,
Where thou and I this night maun gae.
That’s from the 13th century poet Thomas Learmouth and his poem Thomas The Rhymer. It was used extensively in the Seven Soldiers comic book series by… Grant Morrison.
Considering that Bonnyroad is meant to be a Scottish sci-fi/fantasy series, looks like we may be getting a fair few mythological allusions…
- Mark Buckingham And Steve Rude Replace Nick Bradshaw And Klaus Janson On ‘Manhunter Vs Sandman’ - July 27, 2017
- What Else Can You Find In That Marvel Book Previews Catalogue For Early 2018? - July 27, 2017
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017
- Riccardo Federici Draws The Evil Batmen Of Metal For DC Comics Promotional Items - July 27, 2017
- Harley Quinn Homages The Dark Knight Returns For Batman Day Takeover - July 27, 2017