Bonnyroad is the name of the new Grant Morrison/Paul McGuigan/Stephen Fry project for BBC Scotland.
It is, presumably about a road. That is a bit bonny.
Stephen Fry is the modern Renaissance man, actor, writer, director, presenter, documentary maker, stand up comedian, technology advocate and generl wit. You may know him from A Bit Of Fry And Lauries, Saturday Night Fry, QI, Jeeves And Wooster, V For Vendetta, Kingdom, Bones or Gormenghast.
Grant Morrison is the comic book writer, playright, chaos musician, model, best known for The New Adventures Of Hitler, Zenith, Arkham Asylum, JLA, We3, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, Flex Mentallo, Final Crisis, Kill Your Boyfriend, Earth 2, New X-Men, Marvel Boy, Mystery Play and Aztek.
Paul McGuigan is a director of The Acid House, Gangster No.1, The Wicker Park, Lucky Number Slevin, The Reckoning and Sherlock.
And it’s called Bonnyroad.
This really is the extent of my knowledge. So to google. Ah ha.
And see not ye that bonny road,
That winds about the fernie brae?
That is the road to fair Elfland,
Where thou and I this night maun gae.
That’s from the 13th century poet Thomas Learmouth and his poem Thomas The Rhymer. It was used extensively in the Seven Soldiers comic book series by… Grant Morrison.
Considering that Bonnyroad is meant to be a Scottish sci-fi/fantasy series, looks like we may be getting a fair few mythological allusions…
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017