Created by Forrest J Ackerman in the late sixties as a new horror magazine lead, a kind of superheroine vampire for Warren Publications, developed with Archie Goodwin and Frank Frazetta , Vampirella revived the horror comic. Over time her skimpy red costume got skimpier and skimpier, though with the bankruptcy of Warren in the eighties the character was lost.
The character was revived by Harris in 1991, attracting creators from Warren Ellis to Mark Millar to Alanm Moore to Grant Morrison to Amanda Conner to Joe Quesada to Kurt Busiek to Jeph Loeb to Adam Hughes. In 2007, Fangoria claimed that they had purchased the character from Harris, something Harris denied and they continued to publish Vampirella books.
Well this time a deal has actually, definitely, properly, officially been done. And I understand that Harris Comics will basically fold into Dynamite as part of the agreement.
Whether the souls of the screaming undead have also been included in this package, has not been revealed.
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kinney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017
- Titans – The DC Live-Action TV Series Alongside Season 3 Of Young Justice, On DC’s Own Streaming TV Service For 2018 - April 25, 2017
- Caliber Comics Launch Five More Graphic Novels In July 2017 – From HP Lovecraft To Velda, Girl Detective - April 25, 2017