Created by Forrest J Ackerman in the late sixties as a new horror magazine lead, a kind of superheroine vampire for Warren Publications, developed with Archie Goodwin and Frank Frazetta , Vampirella revived the horror comic. Over time her skimpy red costume got skimpier and skimpier, though with the bankruptcy of Warren in the eighties the character was lost.
The character was revived by Harris in 1991, attracting creators from Warren Ellis to Mark Millar to Alanm Moore to Grant Morrison to Amanda Conner to Joe Quesada to Kurt Busiek to Jeph Loeb to Adam Hughes. In 2007, Fangoria claimed that they had purchased the character from Harris, something Harris denied and they continued to publish Vampirella books.
Well this time a deal has actually, definitely, properly, officially been done. And I understand that Harris Comics will basically fold into Dynamite as part of the agreement.
Whether the souls of the screaming undead have also been included in this package, has not been revealed.
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Image/Skybound Sends Retailers Complete Robert Kirkman Oblivion Song Trade Paperback Two Months Before First Issue Published - January 17, 2018
- Is This Our June Wedding Then? (Spoilers for Today’s Marvel Comics) - January 17, 2018