Right now, it seems as if Amazon isn’t taking any direct orders for large amounts of graphic novels distributed by Diamond Book Distributors. You can still buy copies of those books sold by people on Amazon Marketplace, but very little from Amazon’s actual warehouses themselves.
Also they aren’t taking preorders for a large number of future-published titles too.
You can’t even order Kick-Ass directly, just as all that media attention starts to hit.
I don’t know if this is another temporary software glitch caused by the weekend’s furore, if its indicative of some kind of dispute between Amazon and Diamond Book Distributors over, say, who has to take responsibility for the weekend’s situation, if it’s just Amazon jitters with staff wanting to double check everything, or if this is a way to be conveniently “out” of lots of comics that were erroneously listed at $14.99. Though I do have feelers out. A number of affected publishers were exclaiming words unbecoming of a family website earlier about the fact that Amazon won’t let customers order or pre-order their comics right now and I understand Diamond were left a bit on the hop over this.
But as of now… looks like your comic shop is looking even more tempting that usual. Go on, pop in and buy something. The new Doctor Who TPB out this week looks good. You just can’t order it on Amazon.
Also, if you were ever tempted to clear your bookshelf of unwanted trade paperbacks or graphic novels by putting them on Amazon Marketplace, now would be a very very good time indeed. That particular market is booming.
And as for DC? A chance to take the Best Selling comics list back, as they are distributed through Random House…
Of course it could all be sorted out by the morning. Night night!
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018