DC’s The Source has announced that Joe Straczynski will be talking over the Superman ongoing series from issue 701 and Wonder Woman from issue 601.
JMS, better known today for works such as Babylon 5 and Jeremiah, with comics successful runs on Amazing Spider-Man, Supreme Power and Thor and his own series Midnight Nation and Rising Stars began writing in comics in Teen Titans Spotlight #3 in 1987 after beginning a successful television career. But it was his work on Babylon 5 that gave him greater credentials at the major comic publishers. Changeling can’t have hurt either.
He’s already writing Red Circle and Superman: Earth One projects for the publisher, this will firmly esconce him in the bosom of DC Comics. Quite a departure from when he used to rail at DC back in the early-to-mid noughties. Clearly all is forgiven.
As to the rumoured-and-much-anticipated Grant Morrison take on Wonder Woman, Bleeding Cool did report that it had been sidelined away from continuity. I’m now hear that an involved comic creator told an employee at a favourite comic shop of mine that it would now be created as a stand alone graphic novel…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018