DC’s The Source has announced that Joe Straczynski will be talking over the Superman ongoing series from issue 701 and Wonder Woman from issue 601.
JMS, better known today for works such as Babylon 5 and Jeremiah, with comics successful runs on Amazing Spider-Man, Supreme Power and Thor and his own series Midnight Nation and Rising Stars began writing in comics in Teen Titans Spotlight #3 in 1987 after beginning a successful television career. But it was his work on Babylon 5 that gave him greater credentials at the major comic publishers. Changeling can’t have hurt either.
He’s already writing Red Circle and Superman: Earth One projects for the publisher, this will firmly esconce him in the bosom of DC Comics. Quite a departure from when he used to rail at DC back in the early-to-mid noughties. Clearly all is forgiven.
As to the rumoured-and-much-anticipated Grant Morrison take on Wonder Woman, Bleeding Cool did report that it had been sidelined away from continuity. I’m now hear that an involved comic creator told an employee at a favourite comic shop of mine that it would now be created as a stand alone graphic novel…
- Andy Weir On Why ‘Wonder Woman’ Sets Little Girls Up For Disappointment - July 23, 2017
- Sneak Peek Of The Legend Of Korra: Turf Wars Part 1 At SDCC – And Part 2 Announced! - July 23, 2017
- MacKenzie Cadenhead To Write Disney Spider-Man Book ‘Deck The Malls!’, With Christmas Venom - July 23, 2017
- Women Of Marvel Panel At SDCC: Rainbow Rowell’s Runaways Has The Same Plot As The Country Bears Movie - July 23, 2017
- Bringing Back Longshot, And More From The Marvel ResurrXion Panel At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017