Boom! Studios sent out an embargoed press release this morning announcing that the Stan’s Back advertising campaign online and in print is a joint project by said publisher and Stan Lee’s Pow! Entertainment company.
It’s basically when exclamation marks clash!
And it concerns the launch of a new superhero line. Hey, do you remember the nineties when everyone was launching them? Malibu, Dark Horse, Triumphant, anyone with spare printing capacity and the beliefe that the speculation market would jump their way? Could we be seeing the start of the same thing again?
There will be three new series, one to be written by Boom! EiC Mark Waid, and Boom say that “A-listers” will be writing the other two books.
Interestingly Pow! Entertainment has a deal with Disney. Boom! has a deal with Disney. Marvel, owned by Disney, who owe their much of their current line to Stan Lee, doesn’t seem to be involved at all.
The press release boasts about the viral campaign saying “a site which had only the “Stan’s Back” logo and nothing else disclosing additional information.”
Well that wasn’t quite true was it? Using the same approach as Mark Waid Is Evil, using the same host, even using similar coding bits and pieces, Boom! was the leading contender…
I bet next time they use GoDaddy. And put it all in pink.
(TOLDJA! swiped from Nikki Finke)
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017