AwardWatch: Graphic novel Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan has won the Premier Award at the Adelaide Literary Festival, as well as the children’s literature award.
AwardWatch2: Terry Zwigoff, director of Crumb and Bad Santa will receive the Cinequest Maverick Spirit Award this month.
PaperWatch: The Grand Rapids Press discovers that not every comic book nis worth a million dollars as one reporter tries to sell a beaten up copy of Flash #48.
The author is talking about people in the downtown area, but he characterizes the mentally ill anywhere; what’s worse, these people are more vulnerable now that he’s identified them.
He doesn’t give her a name because she’s not a person? I wish the person who did these would agree to meet with us. He might change his mind.
PaperWatch3: Radical’s Aladdin gets a great write-up in the Philadephia Daily News. I expect Dave Elliott’s lawyers are watching…
The book provides some of the same thrills we’ve come to expect from comics and films that return to the origin story of a perhaps too-familiar superhero. But in “Horns,” we watch a devil learn how to be one.
PlugWatch: The magazine Military & Aerospace Electronics will be making an appearance in the Green Lantern movie.
Production on the movie has begun, and set designers contacted me the other day asking for issues of the magazine. It’s possible — based on how the final movie is edited — that issues of Military & Aerospace Electronics will be part of airport scenes in the Green Lantern movie.
MillarWatch: More Mark Millar-baiting… please feed the trolls.
- New Jersey School Board Votes to Keep Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home on the Curriculum - October 13, 2018
- Big Books From Marvel in 2019 – Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic Lines - October 13, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Bring Back Starforce Ahead of Captain Marvel Film - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Brendan Deenan and Cale Atkinson’s Night Night Groot - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Oversized Behold… Galactus Hardcover in May - October 13, 2018