AwardWatch: Graphic novel Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan has won the Premier Award at the Adelaide Literary Festival, as well as the children’s literature award.
AwardWatch2: Terry Zwigoff, director of Crumb and Bad Santa will receive the Cinequest Maverick Spirit Award this month.
PaperWatch: The Grand Rapids Press discovers that not every comic book nis worth a million dollars as one reporter tries to sell a beaten up copy of Flash #48.
The author is talking about people in the downtown area, but he characterizes the mentally ill anywhere; what’s worse, these people are more vulnerable now that he’s identified them.
He doesn’t give her a name because she’s not a person? I wish the person who did these would agree to meet with us. He might change his mind.
PaperWatch3: Radical’s Aladdin gets a great write-up in the Philadephia Daily News. I expect Dave Elliott’s lawyers are watching…
The book provides some of the same thrills we’ve come to expect from comics and films that return to the origin story of a perhaps too-familiar superhero. But in “Horns,” we watch a devil learn how to be one.
PlugWatch: The magazine Military & Aerospace Electronics will be making an appearance in the Green Lantern movie.
Production on the movie has begun, and set designers contacted me the other day asking for issues of the magazine. It’s possible — based on how the final movie is edited — that issues of Military & Aerospace Electronics will be part of airport scenes in the Green Lantern movie.
MillarWatch: More Mark Millar-baiting… please feed the trolls.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017